B.S. Public Management August 2004Florida A&M University
Adaptable Recruitment Specialist Skilled in sourcing candidates Performance-driven Strong organizational skills Strategic problem-solver Devoted team player Westlaw LexisNexis Kenexa 2x BrassRing Compliance & Employment Strong Microsoft Office skillsLegalKey Outreach Search professional Government Liaison Public Relations Customer Service Advocate
06/2012 - Present
Legislative Assistant, Government Affairs & Public Policy, Foley & Lardner LLP, Tallahassee, Florida
· Draft legal documents, correspondence, and contracts pertaining to new clientele.
· Maintain prominent clientele for Public Affairs Division.
· Provide executive support to a team of eight Public Affairs members.
· Ensure all political action committee accounts are properly balanced.
· Make travel accommodations and process travel reimbursements.
· Ensure compliance and submission of state mandated Lobbyist Registrations and Compensation Reports.
· Track legislative bills and create bill analysis.
· Coordinate meetings with legislators and legislative staff.
· Monitor and track legislation and amendments that may impact our clients.
Recruiter (Contracted), First American Title Insurance, Tallahassee, Florida
· Coordinated the full-cycle recruiting process, including: define job requirements, sourcing strategy, pre-assessment, interview process, and salary expectations/negotiations.
· Conducted phone screens and interviews, developed professional rapport with candidates, and recommended top talent to hiring managers.
01/2007 - 05/2011
Personnel Analyst II, Executive Office of the Governor, Appointments and Personnel Department, Tallahassee Florida
· Assisted the Governor in meeting his major obligation to recruit and appoint qualified representatives and appropriate people to a large number of important leadership roles throughout the State. (For ex: Secretary Heads, Executive Directors, Public Service Commissioners)
· Made recommendations to the Executive staff on qualified applicants that best suit the agency's goals and objectives.
· Managed the full life-cycle recruiting process, including: define board requirements, sourcing strategy, background investigations and interviews.
· Conducted legislative bill analysis, research and analyzed Florida Statutes.
· Networked heavily with various civic groups and associations to attract the best candidates to serve on various boards.
· Developed and maintained close relationships with government agencies secretaries, chiefs of staff, legislators, and grassroots organization pertaining to Florida Board appointments.
· Responded to constituents by correspondence and prepared a significantly high volume of public record requests.
· Draft legal documents, correspondence.
02/2005 - 01/2007
Staff Assistant, Executive Office of the Attorney General, Tallahassee, Florida
· Provided executive-level administrative support to the Attorney General and staff.
· Served as third support to the Attorney General in Executive Assistant's absence in areas of calendar management and document preparation.
· Proudly provided superb customer service to constituents in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining professional telephone etiquette and decorum.
· Provided document management support by investigating subject matters and prepared replies.
01/2005 - 02/2005
Office Assistant (Temporary), Florida A&M University, Sponsored Research and Grants, Tallahassee, Florida
· Provided administrative support to all project managers and upper-level management.
· Established, automated, and maintained highly efficient filling system that housed electronic records, employee communication pertaining to Title III programs.
· Distinguished performance in maintaining timely and accurate financial reporting, including accounts payable and receivable.
· Liaison between all departments to ensure proper communication and reporting practices.
05/2004 - 08/2004
Human Resources Internship, Tallahassee Community College, Human Resources Department, Tallahassee, Florida
· Assisted the Human Resources Director in all aspects: Recruitment, Selection, Classification, Payroll Processing, Benefits, Compensation, and Training.
· Helped with the reorganization of positions by creating organizational charts.
· Helped with the coordination of Open Enrollment seminars for new and existing employees.
· Assisted with orientation, orientation materials, and orientation evaluations.
· Learned a wealth of knowledge on how the Human Resources Department is truly the "heart" of any private or public sector.
08/1998 - 07/2001
Administrative Assistant, Florida State University, College of Education, Tallahassee, Florida
· Provided technical and clerical support to administrative staff and professors in the Human Services and Studies Department.
· Scheduled and maintained psychological sessions for students that were in need.
· Processed high volumes of admission forms for students registering for the Master and Ph.D. programs.
· Supervised and trained all incoming work study students on daily operational duties.